Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lime Green Splurge

Splurging is not in my nature, nor is going out and spending the bulk of a month's salary on a fall/spring coat right as the temperatures are about to take a dive into winteriness. But, when I accidentally stumbled into the perfect coat (yes, the perfect Anie coat is lime green), I couldn't help myself. When I tried the thing on and it fit, there was no turning back. I may have even been hopping up and down, cackling with glee. But I’m weird like that. Let's just say I'm doing my part to support the Russian economy. And when I return to the milder winters of the United States, I can and will wear this thing every year for the rest of my life. Yes, B, J, and I went shopping this morning. We went to a big indoor market-type-place (if it'd been a true Russian market, we could've haggled over prices, but the quality of the goods would've been poorer). I was not looking for a coat, as I already had two fall/spring coats, plus the crazy winter coat Nina M gave me. I was on a quest for some winter boots. Needless to say, I failed in my quest, and will be suffering from cold toes until I can save up enough dough to shell out for some knee-high, pointy-toed, spike-heeled, fur-lined, Russian winter boots. Sorry for the absolutely pointless consumer-post.

No comments: