Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bein' Girly

Yesterday afternoon, L took me and B to the gym for *real* belly dancing lessons with her coach. It was awesome. I'm really glad that we did so many lessons with L first, though, because otherwise we would have been totally lost. As it was, we were able to pretty much follow along, and we weren't (always) the worst dancers. It was a lot of fun, although today all muscles remotely connected to my abdomen are rather sore. I'm going to try and go back as many times as I can before I leave, although given my plans/schedule, I may not get to go as often as I would like.

After we left the gym, we rode over to Dobryak, and I managed to get in and out without spending any money. Of course, this is mainly because I'm low on funds and payday isn't until Wednesday. I did assist B in the purchase of two really fantastic jackets, and I'm kinda jealous. Afterwards, the three of us went to a thrift store (I had no idea there was one in Vladimir - much less so close to my house!) and I acquired many new shirts, a dress and a skirt for under 200 rubles (so less than $7), which made me feel pretty good.

Then we went to the AH and collected Y and M and went to Shesh-Besh (our favorite restaurant in Vladimir) for hachipuri and Azerbaijani wine. After splitting three pitchers of wine among the five of us, it was time to staggger home. Fun Day. I'm going to miss these guys!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me, L, M, Y


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
B and me in our new thrift-store shirts


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
L and M:
The Nature of Man


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Because Gosha's always so sexy.

1 comment:

sam said...

Hi Jane,

Nice choice of T-Shirt.....Goddess .....of a Dreamland :-)