Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My last post from Russia

Wow. This is really hard to comprehend. It's not really sinking in that tomorrow I'll be in the US. Weird. I will continue to blog over at my other blog, and I hope that those of you who have followed my adventures across Russia will continue to follow me through the American swamplands and across the Pacific to the Land of the Morning Calm (that being South Korea). I figured it up, and between the fact that I'll be leaving Vladimir tomorrow at 4:30 in the morning and the fact that it takes about four hours to get from Atlanta to home, I'm going to be traveling for approximately 26 hours or so. That means I'm going to be essentially unconscious for several days upon my arrival. I will blog as soon as I can, although I can't promise exactly *when* that's going to be. In the meanwhile, here are some pictures from yesterday's final party with all of the AH teachers and staff.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The party was held in the backyard under red, white and blue umbrellas.
(Keep in mind, these are the colors of the Russian flag, too.
The US doesn't have a monopoly on the red, white and blue.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There were lots of toasts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Galya gives a speech while Vanya and Tatiana laugh.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No, there's nothing wrong with your monitor...
the salad really was this color.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was delicious though. I'm going to miss Russian salads.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
G, me and M
We always sat together at AH parties.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
B, Alyona and Male B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Misha the Dog

(I realized that while I have *tons* of Gosha the Cat pics, I had no shots of Misha the Dog. Misha's a stray to whom the AH feeds generous portions of scraps on a daily basis. He did quite well at yesterday's party, as he got the bulk of the leftovers.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Male B and Alyona brought their young son, Alex.
While we had all seen photos of Alex,
this was the first time we saw him in the flesh :-)

5 comments:

sam said...

Hi Jane,

I will miss your blog from Russia....but as one adventure ends another one begins...so I guess i will continue to follow ur blog as a die hard fan as long as you write.....and on a different note one way to pass time on long haul flights is to get drunk…….at least that works for me :-))

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for all the wonderfull storries and pictures from Russia. I will have to find another interesting blog for my lunch break!

Regards,

Joe

Raffi Aftandelian said...

jane,

should you ever make it to moscow, it would be nice to meet for coffee or tea. i have enjoyed the spirit of your blog, your energy.

Might i offer that you're not weird, but kewl? maybe even phat?

just a thought [friendly wink]

raffi

Vilhelm Konnander said...

Dear Jane,

As Monty Python so aptly put it: "BURMA!" ("Why did you say Burma? - I panicked...").

I do hope you will keep to your promise to continue posting on Russia. You know, it's always as one has become to know you. Scarry, huh?

I hope you have got back well to the States and am looking forward to reading you again. Nice doggy, by the way.

Yours,

Vilhelm

Unknown said...

Good Blog...
kidslaptop