Sunday, June 04, 2006

No, I'm not hiding in a hole.

Well, while I was really freaked out by what happened Friday night, I haven't let it stop me from enjoying my remaining days here in Russia. Yesterday afternoon, B, Asya and I went to our belly dancing lesson at the sports club. Again, it was quite a workout. Belly dancing is something that is a LOT harder than it looks. It requires a lot of muscle strength, use of muscles that people rarely ever use - even if they work out all the time - and an insane amount of coordination. As I'm kind of lacking in these areas, belly dancing is pretty tough on me - and I'm very much in pain today. Of course, this isn't to say that belly dancing wasn't a lot of fun - on the contrary, it was fabulous! We got to dance with canes. Hot. Well, it was hotter when the instructor did it, as opposed to the rest of us, but we're getting there.

After belly dancing and a stint at the AH fooling around on the internet, we went to Shesh Besh for the first of two Farewell to J dinners. J is the only teacher that the AH who is going to come back and teach here next year. Because of this, she isn't teaching during the summer semester and is going home to the States on Tuesday. Our farewell dinner at Shesh-Besh wasn't as fantastic as our forays into Shesh-Besh usually are. Now, we're all used to the fact that customer service in Russia (for the most part) is pretty much non-existant... but the service at S-B is usually excellent. That, coupled with the food, is why we go there so often. Sadly, while the food was definitely up to par last night, the service was terrible, and I wasn't really in the best of moods when we left. We took a long walk around the cathedrals after dinner, which was nice, although at that point I developed a splitting headache, and figured I should head home.

In theory, this afternoon we're heading back out into the nature for the second in our series of Farewell to J parties... I hope so!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Y bought a hot new dress at the Vladimir thrift store.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Left: B, Y, K, M
Right: Me, J, Vova
Farewell to J party


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cathedral of St. Dmitry at night


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Uspensky Cathedral at night

No comments: