Monday, January 16, 2006

Amusing connections from the blogosphere

(I've been meaning to post this email for a while, but I didn't. I have no excuse. I suck.)

Dear (fellow blogger) Annie,

I was looking at your blog the other day and think that we may have arrived in Moscow on the same flight. I arrived Saturday, Jan. 7 on the Atlanta flight on Delta into Sheremetyevo. I recall seeing someone who looked like you in the passport control line. Was that you?! I didn't have the guts to go up and say "hi." What would I have said? "Are you blogger Annie Nimity? Hi, I'm Raffi, the maaskva: nashimi glazami blogger"? Just as your brief entry for Jan. 7 suggests, you did not look your chirpiest at that moment.

Should you ever been in Moscow, it would be great to meet for coffee. I have really gotten into this blogging and am toying around with organizing a blogging conference in Moscow this September. I have an excellent format for such an event in mind.

Warmly,
Raffi
(
maaskva: nashimi glazami)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane-
I am a student in America, and wish to study International Diplomacy (emphasis Russia,) and minor in Russian and photography. Would you mind e-mailing me at isilee.echo@gmail.com with suggestions and perhaps books you found helpful?
Kathleen

Raffi Aftandelian said...

Jane,

Kathleen, don't do it! International Diplomacy doesn't exist! And if you're going to minor in Russian make sure they know how to teach the language! : )

Would love to know how you end up having so much traffic to your blog!

-raffi