Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here, but still not fully awake

Well, even though I've been back in Russia for three whole days now, I have very little of note to say. Why? Well, I've pretty much been asleep for the past three days. I caught some sort of stomach bug on the flight over, and Nina M has been pretty insistent that I stay in bed. Which is fine, except that when one is in bed, one tends to sleep. And when one sleeps all day, one remains on Eastern Standard Time. I awoke this morning at 3am, and stared at my ceiling until Nina M awoke at 9. I could have used the awake at night time to do something useful with my computer... but my Compaq is dead! i have no idea how this could have happened (it was obviously un-touched while I was gone) - I took it out of the desk and pressed the power key - and NOTHING happened. I have tried numerous times over the past three days, hoping that this time it will work... but no. So, I have to see about finding someone to fix it. I'm glad I had the foresight to backup all of my Russia photos onto CD. If only it had occurred to me to back up 60+ pages of the WD40 story. Sigh. I am exhausted. My body thinks it is 2:30am. I need coffee.

No comments: