Thursday, January 19, 2006

Getting ready to head out...

Getting ready to head out into the cold. Wish me luck. Apparently it's -21F out there. (It's warming up!!) I'm off to my first class of the semester at VEMZ. I got the low-down on the equivocating nonsense regarding my class there. Because they cancelled at the last minute after agreeing to pay for a full semester, the AH tried to convince them to pay for 30% of what they had originally agreed to pay us. Finally VEMZ management agreed... but only if we taught 30% of the classes! So I'm off to VEMZ, but only for a total of 10 classes. I'd like to say I'm hoping for a trolleybus with heat, but I've already ridden the #7 once to day, and it was pretty frigid.


In other news, the morning class I was supposed to teach has been cancelled. That group has decided that they don't have time to meet. This pleases me immensely, as I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. However, this means that I'm back to teaching an advanced conversation group on Wednesdays... Any suggestions as to what I should talk about with my Russians?

1 comment:

Johan Maurer said...

I read that one of the cross-river bridges in Orexovo-Zuevo cracked from the cold! Keep warm.

Johan