Saturday, April 15, 2006

Random Photos

We are suffering from some horrible weather curse. During the week, when I have to spend nearly all my time within the confines of the American Home, the weather is gorgeous; on the weekends... the weather turns to shite. I'm wishing that I hadn't wasted my Thursday afternoon walk home on the most boring stretch of road in Vladimir. (For those of you who know the city, I walked north on Oktyabrsky, hung a left at the Bely Dom, walked over to Fakel, and then south to Ploschad Pobedy.) Yes, I wasted this unbelievably beautiful day on an unbelievably boring stroll. And today is not one of those days for walking outside... But here are the most interesting things I found on my walk.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nationalist Graffiti

Image hosting by Photobucket
No clue as to what this is.
It's not really all that interesting, but at the time I was desperate.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nikityaskaya Church (built 1762) as seen across a construction zone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your pictures, they make me nostaligic. It's like when you go back to your home town, and even though you haven't been there in 20 years you still know your way around. I always find that to be an interesting experience.

Yay I made yer blogroll! I been meaning to get you on mine, I think you can tell by my entries I haven't been ...well what I am posting about is one of the bewildering tragedies I am seeing, but it's not alone.

thanks for the pics, they make me happy.