Thursday, April 27, 2006

A small break :-)

Tomorrow morning the AH server will be shut down, in order for it to be upgraded... this means no internet access for me on either Friday or Saturday. On Saturday night, four of us will be hopping on the Tans-Siberian Railroad, and we will spend three full days on a train as we head into Eastern Russia. On the morning of May 3rd we will arrive in Irkutsk, Russia, where someone from our hotel will meet us and take us to Olkhon Island on Lake Baikal. We will spend three nights (four days) on the island, and hopefully we'll get to go on some excursions. On the evening of May 6th, we'll return to Irkutsk, where we'll spend two nights before catching a plane to Moscow and then a train to Vladimir (both on May 8th). Classes at the AH start on May 10th - whew! I'll try and post again on May 9th. See you then! (Eleven days without internet access.... I may very well go mad!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go too!

annie said...

i wish you could!! :-)

annie said...

:-(

that's no fun!

Mary said...

The trip sounds great. I have a friend who should be on the train right now going from Siberia. He is headed to Turkey, then France and then back here.

Anonymous said...

I love Olkhon. I seriously think it's my favorite place in all of Russia. Do tie some "hadag" on Shamanka for me.

-Brooke

Vilhelm Konnander said...

Dear Jane,

I cannot but join the crowd of the envious of your trip to the "splendid Baikal". It's been ages since I last went there, so I kind of quirk out of yearning to go there again, when I read your entry. I do hope that your trip will have been successful, and am very much looking forward to hearing more on it once you've got back.

Yours,

Vilhelm

-_- said...

hey

I love Russia !

Kisses from Egypt !