Friday, April 21, 2006

Times they are a changin'

Today was the last "real" class of the semester. We had our oral exam (all of my students passed!) and reviewed for the written exam, which is next class. The final "class" is actually a party, so I don't really count it as a "real" class.


We got our schedules for next semester today. The summer semester is a short, intensive semester, where classes meet three times a week (as opposed to two) for three hours at a time (as opposed to one and a half), and we have classes for two months (as opposed to four). I'll be teaching A1, which is the third level (as opposed to Z2, which is the second level), so there's a chance that I'll have some of the same students. (Of course, about half of my students are waiting until the Fall Semester to continue their studies, so I'll be getting some new students too.) Of course, this means I'll have to watch Forrest Gump twice a day, three times a week, for two months. Have I mentioned how I hate this film? Sigh.


And speaking of changes, the New Teachers have been hired for next year. It's so strange to think of the AH without the eight of us. (J is the only one staying on for a second year.) It's also unbelievably strange to think that in nine weeks I'll be in the US, in my house, doing home-improvement projects and preparing to go to Korea yet again. On one hand I'm very concerned that I have to finish doing everything that it's possible to do here in Vladimir before I leave, although at the same time, every night I dream about my new house and things I need to buy for it (like new locks). I'm stuck in weird temporal limbo between one adventure and two new ones.

No comments: