Sunday, February 05, 2006

I hope it warms up a little soon...

Before it got all bitter-cold, I pretty much spent whatever free time I had walking around the city, taking pictures. Unfortunately, since the temps dropped, I've been spending as much time as possible in the relative warmth of the inside (the AH being toasty-warm; my apartment, not so much). soon I'll be going to Moscow for five days, leaving on February 22nd, and I'm very much hoping that it will be at least back up in the "warm" -7C range. I plan to spend five days exploring and photographing Moscow, and I hope I don't end up spending five days enjoying the warmth of my hostel. It's -23C out there right now. On my way in to the AH this afternoon, I figured I should start preparing for Moscow by walking around, taking some photos in the frigid-cold. I took three. Not far from the AH. Then I scurried inside; my fingers and nose were seriously aching from the cold. I got three good pictures (below), although I was starting to worry about getting frostbite as well. The weather channel is predicting -22F for tomorrow. Fine... but please, can we get a warm(ish) front in here for the 22nd?

Snow-covered tree. Obviously.

Trinity Church (Museum of Blown Glass and Laquered Boxes)
Trinity church again...

No comments: