Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mardi Gras Parties

Yesterday we celebrated Mardi Gras at the American Home. Yeah, we know we're celebrating a tad early, but given our Spring Break and Midterm Exam schedule, we wanted to go ahead and have the big time-and-energy-consuming party *before* all of that. Anyway, even though the turn out for the party wasn't as big as for our Halloween and Christmas parties, we still had a lot of people and a lot of fun. I would like to thank SF ("the little train") for sending me those Mardi Gras beads from New Orleans last spring, which I carted all the way to Russia to be used in this celebration. And I would like to apologize to SH ("#2") for stealing her fuschia wig back in 2001, and for flagrantly flaunting it on the web periodically ever since.

J, Me, Y, B
M, Me, G
L and Me
L, G, Polina and Me
B and L shake their... well, you know.

After the Mardi Gras party at the AH, we all regrouped back at B's new pad. (There's kind of a long story behind this, but to sum it up, B has a new "host family" this semester. Of course, I had to put that in quotes, because it's just one woman, and she's only three years older than I am.) Anyway, B's "host mom" ("host roommate"?), Ira, invited us over for dinner, drinks and poker after the official AH party ended. She cooked a big meal for us: borscht, chicken and rice, beet vinaigrette salad (made by B), cabbage salad, yummy white caviar (which despite what certain other people might say, I *greatly* prefer white caviar to red), cakes, and sangria (I think B made that too). It was quite tasty-fun, and after eating we drank beer, ate salty beer cheese, watched the Olympics and played poker for kopecks. Fun, fun.
B and Ira
The Gang:
B, G, J, Y, Me, M and K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeler,
My first visit to your new page and what do I see, you in a wig. I still think you look best with blue hair. LaHoma and I were talking about you the other day so I decided to see how you were doing via Blog.
I'm still reading but hope all is well, let us know if you need any care packages.
Laters!
Chris R. in SD

annie said...

hey chris!
of course i'm in a wig.... would you expect any less? you should scroll thru the archives to october; i was Space Whore again for halloween :-) i totally agree, the blue wig is better, although mainly because the red one is too big for my head....