Monday, February 27, 2006

No, I'm not dead.

Hi everyone - I'm back in Vladimir. To the many queries as to whether or not I was in or around the Basmanny market catastrophe, no I wasn't. In fact, I only heard abut it that evening in an email from my mom asking whether or not I was dead... (It's interesting to note that this is the second catastrophic roof-collapse of a a building designed by architect Nodar Kancheli, whose buildings include: Okhotny Ryad shopping center, Moscow; Christ the Savior Cathedral domes, Moscow; Bolshoi Theater's renovation, Moscow; Gostiny Dvor's Atrium roof, Moscow; Luzhniki Sports Complex roof, Moscow; Dynamo Stadium roof, Moscow; Druzhba hotel, Yalta; Olympic Stadium roof, Berlin; Partisan Stadium, Belgrade. Reassuring, huh?


Anyhow, my trip to Moscow was fantastic, and I will post about it either later today or tomorrow (I have a lot of text to type up and pictures to re-size, and that takes time, but it's coming, I promise.)

No comments: